PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
In this at-will non-exempt position, the servicing specialist will be responsible to monitor mortgage loans in loss mitigation and foreclosure and will aid in enhancing the default claim tracking process to minimize potential losses. The servicing specialist will oversee final disbursements on deferred maintenance escrow holdback, FHA 203K and Fanniemae HomeStyle repair loans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- General default portfolio oversight
- Enhance tracking process for timely filing and receipt of default claims from agencies
- Consistent review of subservicer system to ensure timely filing and receipt of claims and coordination with subservicer to remedy delayed claim filing
- Identify loans with loss potential
- Enhance default loss analysis process
- Act as the direct point of contact for internal and external parties related to escrow holdback repair loans
- Responding to escrow holdback queries timely and accurately
- Responsible for obtaining complete and accurate documentation from Borrowers and approved third parties prior to escrow holdback disbursements
- Consistent outreach and follow-up with involved parties through to a timely final resolution
- Oversee final disbursements for deferred maintenance repair escrow holdback, 203K and HomeStyle loans
- Assist with facilitating third-party servicing audits by investors and regulators and address/troubleshoot any findings related to such audits
- Answering general servicing customer service calls when required
- Any other tasks or duties assigned by the Servicing supervisor or management
- Adherence to all company and agency guidelines
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Customer service experience
- Mortgage servicing experience (loss mitigation and foreclosure experience preferred)
- Default claim filing experience preferred
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel.
- Proficiency with mortgage servicing software a plus
- Time Management.
- Teamwork Orientation
- Castle & Cooke Mortgage, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include healthcare, dental, vision, 401K, vacation/holiday/sick time
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of filing claims for loss mitigation & foreclosure loans experience do you have?
- How many years of mortgage servicing experience do you have?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?