|Job title||Quality Control Analyst|
|Reports to||Quality Control Manager|
This position is primarily responsible for functions within the internal Mortgage Quality Control Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform in-depth reviews of residential loan files in accordance with internal and external Quality Control standards.
- Adhere to lender internal quality control requirements and to specific lender guidelines with an emphasis on pre and post-closing and other required quality audits.
- Ensure that mortgage quality control audits are conducted accurately and timely to provide origination management with information for adherence.
- Prepare and assist with reporting on a basis consistent with mortgage investor and agency requirements.
- Identify training opportunities discovered through quality control audits and communicate with Senior Management for implementation.
- Maintain data, provide status, and use various system platforms as well as web-based services to manage data and reporting.
- Assist with the development and updates to lender internal quality control procedural manual for internal quality control processes and controls.
- Follow investor and agency quality control policies and procedures to ensure compliance with scope of work.
- Assist with sampling procedures designed to provide a representative sample for both pre and post-closing audits.
- Coordinate responses to quality control findings and address accordingly.
- Provide excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills as well as be very detail-oriented.
Competencies / Minimum Qualifications
- At least 10 years of residential mortgage loan experience in mortgage quality control or a combination of residential loan underwriting, quality control, post-closing and compliance.
- At least 5 years of focused mortgage quality assurance experience.
- Knowledgeable with current FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, USDA, GNMA etc. Quality Control standards as well as the ability to read and interpret various Investor policies.
- Accurate ability to perform in-depth reviews of residential loan files in accordance with internal and external Quality Control standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (report building a plus).
- Well spoken, with excellent writing and computer skills.
- An ability to handle and accomplish multiple tasks and resolve competing priorities effectively.
- A Team Player with strong initiative and flexibility.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employees for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Employee Handbook as well as established policies and procedures.