PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Supervise the functions of the Processors and Loan Coordinators located in the Consumer Direct Dallas and Draper branches and provide back-up support to the VP Processing Manager as needed. Monitor workflow and quality of Processors and Loan Coordinators performance to ensure the processing department meets expectations of file review within 24 hrs. Exemplifies excellent customer service and quality in all work completed.
The Processing Manager will report to the VP Processing Manager, Director of Operations & CEO.
To oversee the daily functions of the Processors and Loan Coordinators which:
- Train new processors that are hired for the Consumer Direct branches as well as any branch that needs processor training assistance.
- Oversee new processors, reviewing their new file submissions to ensure complete files are submitted to underwriting.
- Examines documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with underwriting guidelines.
- Answer any questions and be of assistance to Processors and Loan Coordinators
- Monitor and assign new files to processors
- Monitor Loan Coordinator’s files that are submitted to the Processing Queue and their performing of the initial setup of the loan for processors by completing a specific number of tasks that are outlined on the Loan Coordinator Checklist
- Establish and maintain an efficient and productive working environment within the department based on continuous and effective staff communication
- Assist with pipeline management and keep open communication with the field regarding turn times of loans.
- Works with the Underwriting, Closing, Funding and Post-Closing departments to resolve any follow up documentation required
- Provide processing of loans as needed/workload balance
- Provide support to the VP Processing Manager
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
- Continuously update and ensure standard operating processing policies and procedures.
- Set service level standards and ensure loans are processed within the standards
- Create new hire Processor training and assist in training all new hires.
- Mortgage processing experience required
- Extensive knowledge of Conventional, FHA, VA and USDA, Bond loan programs
- Management/Supervisory experience required
- Must have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the mortgage field
- Excellent responsiveness to emails and phone calls
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 4 or more years Processing experience required
- High School or equivalent diploma