Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Final Docs Specialist is responsible for performing a series of tasks associated within the Final Documents Department. Final documentation consists of receiving and reviewing final title insurance policies and original recorded security instruments for all closed loans and then shipping them
to the appropriate investor with in required timeframe.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor all incoming final documentation and maintain file room organization.
- Review all final documentation to ensure consistency, accuracy and completeness by following department policies and procedures, and per investor/agency regulations.
- Ensure all final documents are properly scanned and stored into the LOS.
- Prepare and deliver required mortgage documentation to investors: mailing original or uploading electronically and include required transmittals per investor requirement.
- Review and monitor investor outstanding reports to ensure delivery of documentation.
- Responsible to update the department manager of any pending issues delaying the final documents from delivery in a timely manner or interfering with investor turn times.
- Work and communicate professionally with title companies or internal departments as to documentation required for completion and/or corrections.
- Engages in frequent interdepartmental communications for assistance in any information needed with final documents.
- Must be able to meet established minimum daily expectations for this position.
- Stay abreast of any changes and make appropriate adjustments to review processes and procedures.
- Updating Loan Originating System with all communications (phone calls, emails, etc.) on the status or file information.
- Respond and maintain email communication in a timely manner within personal and department email boxes.
- Submit suggestions for changes in procedures, automation and forms to increase department efficiency and accuracy.
- Adheres to standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Reports to management any internal or external issues that could adversely impact the fulfillment of required duties.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in various computer software programs including: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), database management and other business applications.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee and company information.
- Demonstrate appropriate follow‐through on requests by managers/supervisors.
- Detail orientation.
- Excellent Customer Service focus.
- Conducts work and personal interactions in a professional manner.
- One year mortgage experience is preferred but not required.
- High school or equivalent required.
- One year of education beyond high school preferred.