Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Funder is responsible for verifying the accuracy and completeness on the closing loan package and ensures all conditions are satisfied prior to releasing a balanced wire. The role as a Funder must be able to work in a timely and efficient manner to meet
deadlines by effectively communicating with escrow, loan production, Loan Officers and other team members.
An overview of responsibilities includes but is not limited to the following:
- Review, verify, organize, and audit closed files to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with company and regulatory guidelines.
- All documentation must contain no blanks, required signatures and dates.
- Work and communicate professionally with external vendors and internal departments as to required documentation or corrections to documentation for completion before funding of the loan. This requires a proactive stance in pursuing said documents from within the company, third parties and borrowers.
- Utilize funding checklist to ensure files are stacked correctly and contain all required documentation.
- Delivers funds in accordance with “Wet” or “Dry” funding procedures depending on state regulations.
- Monitors and maintains funding queue to ensure timely delivery of all funds.
- Review final funding conditions provided to determine requirements are met and either sign off or recondition, if not satisfactory. Obtain all outstanding conditions to ensure timely funding and closing of the loan.
- Ensure all required funding fields are completed prior to issuing wire with warehouse bank.
- Check for accuracy and update any fees to balance with the Title Company prior to releasing funding wire.
- Communicate with title companies for approval to disburse the wire.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline‐driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Solve problems promptly, communicate effectively with internal and external customers, and work well under pressure.
- Ensure it meets underwriting guidelines for cash to close, cash back, and minimum investment requirements.
- Responsible for funding a minimum average of ten (10) files per day, more as necessary.
- Funder is responsible for independently managing their assigned tasks and workflow items to satisfy turn‐time requirements.
- Updating the LOS to include all communications regarding file information (phone calls, emails, etc.), updating status, suspense dates, cleared date, and other information as necessary.
- Respond and maintain email communication in a timely manner within personal and if applicable department email boxes.
- Maintain thorough understanding of loan documents and loan program requirements.
- Ensure closing packages are reviewed and funded according to program and internal guidelines in compliance with company, agency, and investor standards.
- Stay abreast of any changes and/or new products and make appropriate adjustments to any processes and procedures in each job function.
- Works closely with Team Lead and Operations Manager on changes in procedures, automation and forms to increase department efficiency and accuracy.
- Reports to Operations Manager any internal or external issues that could adversely impact the fulfillment of required duties.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Intermediate math skills.
- General knowledge of overall mortgage lending internal processes and controls, as well as federal, state, and regulatory requirements/guidelines related to consumer mortgage lending for Conventional loans.
- Proficiency in various computer software programs including: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), database management and other business applications.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee and company information.
- Strong customer service, communication, organization and analytical problem resolution skills, as well as detail oriented.
- Conducts work and personal interactions in a professional manner.
- Proven ability to identify root causes of problems, and identify and implement proactive solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform effectively under tight timelines.
- Familiar with new TRID Guidelines and Policies.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- Minimum of 2‐3 years mortgage experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.