A Loan Officer Assistant (LOA) will assist the Loan Officer(s) in managing aspects of the customer pipeline; ensuring loan applications are completed and processed properly, marketing efforts, and other general administrative and clerical duties.
In addition, as a NLMS licensed employee, incumbent may be allowed to represent the Loan Officer (LO) as requested. Including: making outbound calls and acting as a stand‐in with clients in place of the Loan Officer when requested.
Responsibilities of the LOA include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the client pipeline and maintain the database of current and potential clients, which includes, but is not limited to, entering current and accurate information into the Vault.
- Assist the Loan Officer in marketing efforts and lead generation.
- Request client referrals.
- Gather loan documentation and ensure all documentation is done properly and moving through the process in a timely manner.
- Facilitate effective communication between all parties involved in the application/filing process.
- Assist Loan Officer in general administrative and clerical duties
- If currently NLMS licensed:
- Make outbound calls.
- Assist Loan Officer in completing and processing loan applications.
- Stand‐in with clients in place of the Loan Officer as requested by the LO.
- Excellent customer/interpersonal service skills and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Time management: Ability to work in a time‐sensitive work environment to ensure strict time restrictions are met.
- Task management: Ability to effectively prioritize and execute on assignments given, as well as take initiative in finding and solving problems.
- Work in an organized, accurate, thorough, and timely manner.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience in mortgage banking or related industry preferred.
- Active Mortgage Loan Originator License.
- High School Diploma or GED.