The Marketing Content Writer is a wizard of words with a gift for storytelling. There are those who would say that mortgages are not interesting or exciting but you would take umbrage with that. You have the passion and the skill to bring Castle & Cooke Mortgage to resonant life in a wide variety of mediums and formats. In fact, you will help in crafting and defining the voice of the company for years to come. Your iconoclastic approach to writing fits in brilliantly with a company looking to differentiate itself to a young and young-at-heart audience while still conveying the stability and trustworthiness expected from a financial services organization.
NOTE: Applicants must provide a portfolio of relevant, published examples of both long and short copy in a variety of mediums
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn and leverage brand voice in writing content that is witty and sophisticated yet authoritative while still characterized by a friendly and genuine voice.
- Write, proofread, and edit fresh and engaging copy for product marketing flyers, lead nurture email campaigns, landing pages, newsletters, web content, social media, video scripts, and more.
- Collaborate with Marketing Director and Project Manager on content development strategy and editorial calendar. Manage and maintain a database of all content marketing assets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Consistently creates clean and compelling content free of spelling, grammatical, or formatting errors. You know your writing style guidelines, when to use them and when they can be bent.
- Able to internalize our brand voice and use it to develop content that captivates, cultivates and connects with our target audiences.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize writing assignments and see them through to completion within established timeframes.
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain timelines for all writing projects in order to meet deadlines.
- Communicates efficiently and effectively with both internal and external clients and resources relevant to writing projects to ensure assignments are completed within established timeframes.
Experience: 4+ years of professional writing. Mortgage industry experience would give you a leg up and it will be super helpful if you have familiarity in dealing with regulatory compliance.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
Interpersonal Skills: A flexible, collaborative mindset and quirky sense of humor goes a long way. Work will involve a lot of contact with members of sales and support staff for purposes of giving or obtaining information which will require some discussion. The ability to be both patient and courteous at all times is essential. Must have excellent communications skills.
Other Skills: Highly industrious and self-motivated; Excellent task management and multi-tasking skills. Solid understanding of web and browser-based software and technologies. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite helpful.
Work Environment: Position will be in a busy office environment. The ability to multitask and focus in this environment is essential.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employees for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All job duties and responsibilities must be performed within the guidelines of the Employee Handbook as well as established policies and procedures.