The Mortgage Licensing Specialist position is responsible for maintaining the Company, Branch and Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) state licenses. This position requires critical thinking, collaboration, project management and extreme organization.
- Manage Company, Branch and Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) state licensing and renewals.
- Manage Temporary Authority for MLOs.
- Manage MLO education and testing.
- Manage Company surety bonds.
- Managing all licensing information in the Company’s Loan Origination System.
- Assist the Compliance Manager with annual state reports, assessments and filings for Company.
- Knowledge of state mortgage licensing requirements and regulations preferred.
- Knowledge of the SAFE Act preferred.
- Proficiency working in the National Multistate Licensing System (NMLS) preferred.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Effective, proper and polite written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to guide others through complex processes.
- Organized and detail oriented with the ability to independently multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Prior mortgage compliance or legal experience preferred.