The Mortgage Systems LOS Administrator is responsible for managing and maintain all the configuration, customization development and integrations all of the Company’s loan origination systems and interfaces. This position requires in‐depth knowledge of the loan origination workflow and the basic job functions of all operational roles that participate in that workflow.
This role is deeply collaborative with Department Directors and Managers to evaluate the business process, data integrity and compliance requirements to develop and deliver
solutions to improve business performance.
As an LOS Administrator, you will play an integral role in developing and modifying our LOS system, constantly striving to streamline and improve functionality for our end users. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of system configuration, workflows, custom form development, business rules, reports and deployment of releases and regulatory compliance updates provided by the vendor.
The ideal candidate will possess a highly positive attitude, a strong aptitude for learning new technologies quickly as well as the ability to grow their skill‐set.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Play a key role as a member of our Mortgage Systems team focused on continuous process improvement and implementation of complex change management initiatives.
- Manage and maintain the LOS including all configurations and settings, access roles, security permissions, system change development (custom documents, screens, fields, applied business rules), testing and deployment life‐cycle; following and adhering to proper change control protocol.
- Create and maintain business rules (macro logic) to populate data, automate calculations, trigger events and prevent or require specified activity as determined by the business stakeholders and/or compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Effectively track and manage all projects assigned within our Project Management Office (PMO), ensuring that they are all completed in a timely manner and by the determined deadline.
- Work closely with the management team to ensure business and end‐user acceptance criteria are met and software change initiatives align with strategic and operation goals; meeting both project objectives and stakeholder expectations.
- Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for development and effectively managing documentation of any changes to such specifications.
- Conduct system analysis to understand impact of proposed changes, build test script documents, administer system testing, and make recommendations on system changes and optimizations.
- Act as a liaison with BytePro and other third party interface vendors, monitoring all updates to ensure changes are properly identified, vetted and system work completed, tested and communicated; escalating and tracking any issues as may be needed.
- Perform QA testing and coordinate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) testing efforts for any and all requested changes, vendor releases and patches.
- Communicate all projects and change requests completed in simple, user friendly terms for distribution.
- Work with other Mortgage System team members as needed to help create training, support and enduser documentation.
- Participate in new software development/integrations and testing initiatives.
- High‐quality service and support of service desk tickets or phone calls that were escalated to 2nd level response from first tier level of support.
- To perform as a functional backup for other team members responsibilities in their absence.
- Additional related duties as may be assigned, as required.
- Self‐motivated and willingness to maintain up‐to‐date knowledge and/or different techniques with current and emerging technologies.
- The propensity to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers and vendors in a fast paced, deadline driven, team environment.
- Able to learn quickly, ask questions, take instruction constructively and be flexible in doing assorted tasks.
- Adaptability to changing priorities to meet multiple challenging deadlines.
- High degree of attention to detail and strong ability to document work and test results.
- Must be able to effectively and positively communicate with internal co‐workers across all departments and external business partners.
- Work within a team environment, but strong ability to work independently, with interpersonal, collaborative, trust‐building, and conflict‐resolution skills.
- Demonstrates a professional and cooperative attitude.
- Being flexible and approachable to constant improvement.
- Possess effective listening and critical thinking skills.
- Highly proficient in time management, organization, planning and prioritization.
- May need to work late hours for deployments and be available to resolve any business impacting issue or system outage.
- 2+ years of progressive and relevant experience in administering mortgage loan origination software.
- Experience in software product management and/or business analysis is preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel functions like formulas, pivot tables and macros.
- Understanding of the mortgage industry, including the life cycle of a loan.
- Proficient with all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including: requirements gathering, design and implementation, debugging and testing.
- Must have strong analytical skills, be a self‐starter, detail‐oriented and deadline driven.
- Experience with BytePro, Empower and ServiceNow not required, but desired.
- Experience with SimpleNexus, DocuTech ConformX and/or Optimal Blue integrations not required, but desired.
- Experience with Lean methodology and Agile practices not required, but desired.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer related discipline (Computer Science, Computer engineering, Information Systems, etc.) or equivalent work experience.