Do you have experience managing a team of Underwriters who underwrite residential mortgage loans in accordance with FHA/HUD, VA and internal guidelines ensuring compliance with company and investor standards? Do you have complete knowledge of FHA/VA lending guidelines and understand how those relate to internal and investor guidelines? Is mitigating risk, implementing proper underwriting standards, safeguarding company assets and ensuring conformity with investor standards second nature to you? Do you want to make a difference in a key business function and help create something meaningful? If so, we want to hear from you.
As the National Underwriting Manager you will work with an amazing team of Underwriters who underwrite to agency guidelines, maintain 24 hour turn times and know how important the relationship with the field is. You will be a problem solver who is DE/SAR/LAPP certified with Jumbo and Bond underwriting experience and who understands the sales side of the industry in which we work. You are the kind of person who wants to develop a relationship with our Branch Managers and Loan Officer and its second nature to you to try to restructure a deal to make it work, or to call the field and ask for a missing item rather than conditioning for it. You will also act as a secondary review and escalation point for conventional loans and government loans, work directly with our CEO, QC and our National Sales Manager and above all you will be someone who enjoys wearing many hats and does so with a smile!
- Provide analysis of work flows and time management for team members in order to maximize efficiencies and increase productivity. This will ensure daily, weekly and monthly internally specified requirements surrounding productivity metrics are met.
- Provide recommendations to management for process or system improvements necessary to achieve a productive and enjoyable work environment for team members.
- Manage underwriting team members and assist them in making decisions on underwriting files, ensuring compliance with specific company policies, along with secondary market and insurer standards.
- Provide loan level assistance to Underwriters, Processors, and Sales teams related to application of credit policies and published guidelines.
- Effectively manage multiple demands and competing priorities and bring professional and clear resolution to escalations, unresolved issues, or open inquiries.
- Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met.
- Responsible for all team personnel actions including performance management, timecard verification, and time off requests that coincide with management directives and projections.
- Provide guidance with a positive, collaborative mindset, offering extreme stewardship to each internal counterparty. The team member working in this role must embody and embrace the responsibility of being an advocate for our borrower and team members. The employee in this role must ensure that while a resolution is being provided, we offer training, coaching, and support to each team member we come into contact with.
- Identify and coordinate with Credit Risk leaders to facilitate underwriting team members’ continual progression in obtaining additional government accreditations, training certifications or other state or regulatory required credentials.
- Underwrite loans (employee loans, higher risk transactions, etc.) that adhere to published guidelines along with agency, government, investor or community lending requirements.
- Provide ongoing training, motivation, and team-building of staff.
- Complete additional responsibilities as assigned by the SVP of Credit Risk.
- 5-7 years of management experience is preferred, but not required.
- 7-10 years Mortgage Underwriting experience preferred.
- Must be up to date & extremely knowledgeable in guidelines for Fannie, Freddie, Ginnie, VA, FHA, and Bond Agency programs.
- SAR and DE underwriter certifications are required.
Castle & Cooke Mortgage is rapidly emerging as a preeminent lender in the United States. We are adding new staff, raising the expectations of our existing team and radically shifting our culture. As we grow, we are relentlessly pursuing excellence in all parts of our business. Our focused commitment on excellence is manifested in our staff and the high quality mortgage loans we originate.