Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Post Closing Team Lead is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations in the Post Closing Departments. This includes all job functions within the Post Closing Department: Shipping, Insuring, Post Closing/Purchasing, Final Docs, and MERS. The Post Closing Team Lead should understand all aspects of the loan cycle, with specific emphasis on the file after it closes or funds. The Post Closing Team Lead will also work closely with other department managers, as well as Operations Manager in a collaborative effort to meet deadlines, department goals and compliance guidelines.
An overview of responsibilities includes but is not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the overall flow and functionality of all job functions within the Post Closing Department.
- Maintain a strong knowledge in government agency and investor guidelines for Insuring and Purchasing to ensure all departments are meeting all requirements.
- Provide coaching, teaching and leadership of all team members on the team.
- Watches daily workflow on departments tasks to ensure we are meeting standard turn times and deadlines.
- Serve as the point of contact to answer questions from internal and external individuals regarding loan files, post closing processes, and best practices.
- Ensure that the Post Closing department is effectively and efficiently collaborating with third parties (i.e. Title, Escrow, Investors, etc.) with tasks such as obtaining delinquent title policies, shipping loan files, clearing suspense items, etc.
- Stay abreast of any changes and make appropriate adjustments to in processes and procedures in each job function.
- Works closely with Operations Manager on changes in procedures, automation and forms to increase department efficiency and accuracy.
- The Post Closing Team Lead must also have a working relationship with investor contacts and engage in frequent communication to stay abreast of investor changes, turn-times, etc.
- Reports to Operations Manager any internal or external issues that could adversely impact the fulfillment of required duties.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by Operations Manager
- Proficiency in various computer software programs including: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), database management and other business applications.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee and company information.
- Strong customer service, communication, organization and analytical problem resolution skills, as well as detail oriented.
- Conducts work and personal interactions in a professional manner.
- In depth knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, GNMA, FHA, VA, USDA and private investor products.
- Proven ability to identify root causes of problems, and identify and implement proactive solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform effectively under tight timelines.
- Minimum of 2-3 years mortgage experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.