A clean home is nice, but a home that’s both clean and clutter-free can make all your daily tasks more enjoyable.
The change of seasons is a great time to rethink all the possessions you’ve been holding onto so you can keep what you need, ditch what you don’t, and have a little space for something new.
Go through this list one step at a time and before you know it, you'll be enjoying all that space you've uncovered!
- Discard expired personal care products and medications
- Clean out the fridge, freezer, and pantry and discard anything that's past its prime
- Donate any winter gear and clothing you haven’t worn all season
- Go through books and media and choose what you want to keep
- Discard board games with missing pieces (or donate ones you never play)
- Discard broken or outdated children’s toys
- Organize and store winter sporting equipment and schedule any necessary repairs (and then sell what you don't need)
- Store coats, boots, and winter quilts to make room for bathing suits, shorts, swim towels, and summer sandals
- Check bank account statements for any autopay charges you may have forgotten about (OK, not technically a home decluttering task, but definitely good for your financial health)