Castle & Cooke Mortgage
May 22, 2015 4:24:53 PM
Buying a home can be an intimidating process, but it doesn't have to be overwhelming. Here are a few useful tips!
- Learn about credit scores and strengthen yours
- Find out all the costs of homebuying
- Learn about the market for homes in your area
- Get pre-qualified for a home loan
- Find a real estate agent who knows your area
- Decide how much you can afford
- Get your documents ready ahead of time
- Compare rates and fees for different loan types
- Talk with a Loan Officer, read all disclosures, and ask for clarification
- Make a competitive offer (and get ready to negotiate)
- Order an inspection and secure adequate home insurance
- Finalize the home financing details and doublecheck everything before you sign
- Pick up the keys, schedule that moving truck, and do a happy dance!