If you’re anything like us, you’re experiencing some of the worst cabin fever of your life.
Soon, all that snow will melt and it will be time to prep for the warm weather ahead. And this year, venturing into the safety of your own yard might be the easiest way to welcome the season.
Tackle this list as soon as conditions allow, and you'll be all set for summer fun.
- Clean out and repair gutters
- Spray off siding and exterior walls with a pressure washer
- Inspect and replace exterior caulking, if necessary
- Clean windows, window sills, thresholds, and screens
- Check sprinkler system for leaky valves, exposed water lines and broken sprinkler heads
- Turn on secondary water (assuming you turned it off for winter)
- Clean and prep your air conditioning or swamp cooler unit
- Check foundations, walls, floors, bricks, and concrete for cracks
- Clean and inspect roof, soffits, fascia, and eves
- Cut back and trim all overgrown vegetation and overhanging branches
- Inspect decking and fences for loose boards and repair or refinish rough spots as necessary
- Tune up and inspect lawn maintenance equipment